Useful information, rules & regulations for attendees
Our Tracks and Facilites
The Hamilton Model Engineers have an extensive set of tracks and facilities to cope with the extra demand at a large convention, and provide an enjoyable experience for all attendees.
- Inside Track - 3.5", 5" & 7.25", 600 metres long, Two Alternative 3.5" & 5" only routes, One Tunnel, Six Bridges
- Outside Track - 5" & 7.25", 700 metres long, One Alternative 5" & 7.25" route, Two Tunnels, Two Bridges
- Maximum Unloading Hoist Height: 1.5 metres
- Maximum Turntable Length: 4 metres
- All steaming bays have access to water, 12 volt power and coal
For more specific questions or concerns, please email email@example.com
Steam Boiler Certifications
The Hamilton Model Engineers will follow standard practice for boiler certifications and license issuing for Steam N' Steel 2020. Below is a brief outline of our standards in New Zealand, to run a boiler on a MEANZ affiliated track with public passengers.
- All steam boilers must have a current boiler certificate, or hold the correct paperwork outside of the MEANZ standards
- All passenger carrying carriages must hold a valid W.o.F (a practice that should be carried out at every MEANZ registered club in New Zealand)
For any queries regarding these certification standards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more specific information for your use case.
Drivers License System
All attendees wishing to drive locomotives at Steam N' Steel 2020 must hold a correct and current license issued by a MEANZ affiliated club in New Zealand. The Hamilton Model Engineers licensing system is as follows:
- Class 1: Fare-Paying Passengers prohibited, Non-Fare Paying Passengers permitted with Class 3 License Holder Supervision
- Class 2: Fare-Paying Passengers permitted with Class 3 License Holder Supervision, Non-Fare Paying Passengers permitted
- Class 3: All Passengers Permitted
Note: All overseas attendees who do not hold a valid MEANZ Drivers License, please get in touch with us at email@example.com to discuss temporary licensing options.
Do you have any other questions, or need information on something else? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hamilton New Zealand is known as a popular 'tourist hub', meaning our city may not be the final destination for tourists, but it's a great place to stay for a night on the way. This means we're fortunate enough to have a plethora of accommodation options within 5-10 minutes drive of our track.
Distinction Hamilton Hotel & Conference Centre was generous enough to sponsor us with a fantastic deal on accommodation exclusively for Steam N' Steel 2020 attendees. To view more information about it, view our blog post here: Accommodation Information
For a list of more local accommodation, download the PDF with a map of their distance from our club.
If you have any further questions regarding Hamilton and accommodation, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com